Mother’s Day is always an important day in the yearly calendar.
Mother’s Day is a celebration honouring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. Make this a special day for our mum’s.
- This special day for mums is celebrated in the UK on the 4th Sunday in Lent.
- In the UK we celebrate Mother’s Day with 5 other countries including Nigeria and the Isle of Man. It is celebrated in other countries on different months throughout the year.
- Mother’s day began in the United States, at the initiative of Ann Reeves Jarvis in the early 20th century. Over 120 million cards are sent out on this day. This year in the USA Mother’s Day will be celebrated on Sunday 14th May.
- Rather than buy a gift why not make a personal gift for mum.Why not make her a special gift or send her one of our felting kits to learn the amazing art of needle felting. If she is new to needle felting we have just introduced our new needle felting starter kit.
- We also offer a free gift wrapping service for our needle felting kits whether it is for Mother’s Day or any other social occasion please contact us with details.
For more information about Mother’s Day Wikipedia may have some more interesting facts for you.